Thursday, July 23, 2009

Remembering How to Pray

I don't remember how to pray. I know that some of you might feel like it's easy, just talk to God...but I have a love/hate kinda thing going on with him, and with my faith right now. It's been that way for years.

This blog's not going to really be that long, mainly because there's a whole lot about it that I think about and not a whole lot that I know how to put into words necessarily. For the most part, I don't remember how to pray because I feel like I did my part for years and saw no results. It's the logic in me. And before you get to castigating me about it, here me out.

Imagine if you do all your supervisor asks of you in order to gain a promotion and then you don't get the promotion. It could be that the promotion wasn't meant for me. It's the same with God. Perhaps what I was praying for wasn't what God meant for me to have or wasn't what I needed at the time. Nevertheless, it made it difficult to understand. Now, I know that in theory, I don't have to understand God's work. I just have to believe in Him. I just have a hard time believing in something that I don't fully understand.

It's the age old question/philosophical issue that most people have. I'm still working through it. I'm probably always going to have these questions, and I think if God made me and knows me as well as I think He does, I think He knows and understands.

But for now...I think I'm going to remember how to pray. Night all. Or morning. Smh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More