Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tears for my Coffee...

I am a coffee addict.


I am a coffee addict.

I am a coffee addict.

I had to say that three different ways. That is how much I adore coffee. I adore its subtle nuances, the way that it perks me up in the morning, its texture and flavors, everything about it. There was one time, when I was working as a program coordinator, running three programs at once, that I would easily devour two grande cups of Starbucks in any given day. In fact, my assistant program coordinator made me give up coffee that year, and substitute the high I would get from it with something else. My staff didn't speak to me for weeks. I was a cranky, irritable person. I weaned myself off coffee for a year and some change. I had one stressful day at my new job...

And then I ran out, bought a coffee IV, and made up for lost time. SMH.

So all this made today even more traumatic when I got to work today, went to buy breakfast, and (gasp!) did not want coffee! I didn't know what to do with myself. I was so distraught! Why didn't I want coffee?? I always want coffee!! I bought a Vitamin Water Energy instead. What's worse is that the past few days, I haven't wanted coffee at all...I got it and didn't finish it...what kind of coffee abuse is this?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More