Saturday, July 18, 2009

When They Lose Interest

When They Lose Interest

What happens when you're digging someone and, for no apparent reason,
they lose interest and you are left wondering if you're the crazy one?
I mean, everything was going so well...right?

The thing is...when interest is one sided, it's usually apparent to
everyone but the interested party. The other thing to keep in mind is
that very rarely does someone lose interest overnight. It is usually a
gradual thing, again, noticeable to everyone but the interested party.

For me, I find myself interested in the ones that I know will more
than likely lose interest quickly. So if I know that...why do it to
myself, right? Well I guess for me, it's some sort of ass backwards
defense mechanism. If I know that whatever this is will be short
lived, I know that the odds of any long term scarring is less. It
sounds strange...but it's been working for me lately. Most don't
understand and I don't expect them to.

Conversely, there are those that are interested in me that I know full
well that I am not interested in the same way. And it's not because
they're not attractive or anything. It's simply because they're not my
type. I'd like to say that I'm working on this, because I eliminate a
lot of guys this way...but let's be honest about the situation. I'm
not. I appreciate the attention, but ultimately...it's not what I
want. And I always make that clear up front.

I dunno. Maybe it's the rogue Sagittarius in me that is preventing me
from being open to the right guy for me. Maybe it's the fear of being
hurt again that veers me toward these short term situations. I think
the one time recently that I might have been willing to take that next
step with someone...they lost interest. And while I wasn't exactly
expecting it, once I realized what was happening, off the switch
went...and I kept it moving.

Perhaps, one day, I will suck it up and admit how I feel to the right
person. How I will know that this is the right person is beyond
me...but I'm hoping he will be revealed to me so that I know.

Until then, "pimp on, pimpin'..."lol


Sent from my iPhone

K. Parris
"I got my start by giving myself a head start".
- Madame CJ Walker

2 comments:

My 2 cents: My husband and I were NOT attracted to each other at first. I mean NOT AT ALL!!! But thank GOD we didn't write each other off as "not my type." We spent time together and got to know each other and then BAM! Whatever "type" I thought I had is now out the damn window...although he could be a bit taller, more buff, and maybe a tad bit chauvinistic...

LOL...that's really cool! I guess I just have some introspective work to do as far as that's concerned...

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More