Friday, October 22, 2010

Arousal of the Mind

As Sex Therapy plays and I assess how much progress a year brings, I got to thinking about being aroused.

Lemme tell you a story about a guy I know.

This is a guy who managed to get me to do unmentionable things engage in unrefined discourse at 3 in the morning...you all know the kind...the kind of discourse that has you humming Trey Songz songs mid-afternoon at work.

We're all adults here.

And, after all, I am writing this at that bewitching hour.

So anyway. This man was...is...a persuasive man. And he managed to do this with his mouth.

Ok, I wasn't being fresh that time. Get your mind out of the gutter.

I'm serious.

His ability to engage in intellectual banter on all topics was the subject of many a Facebook status - and the thing that led me to engage in...well...unrefined discourse (c). His arousal...of my mind...belied any good looks, impeccable wave pattern, or Guc other items that may define and/or identify him. He had a way with words, if you will...and his words always...always...arouse my mind.

Enough of discussing my love life my interesting stuff.

The fact remains that sex and intimacy, for me, starts with how you engage my mind. I know many may disagree, citing rock hard abs a la Tyrese...or a Morris Chestnut smile...or the manly stature of Idris Elba...all as things that both arouse and lead to the bedroom.

For me, it's all about your mind.

Talk to me about the evolution of our democracy as a whole. Debate with me on the state of our economy. Chat with me about the future of the demagogue of the Caribbean islands as a whole. Tease my hopeless romantic nature. Deliberate with me over the future of our children. Those are arousing to me. Though chocolate skin and the indelible six pack may, at first, cause me to give you a second look...for me...your ability to converse will arouse every time. Having said that...it is also the arousal of my mind that has the potential to confuse me. After all, if we can talk about anything, then it has to be more than lust, right?

So I ask you: what is it that is most appealing and arousing to you in a companion? Can you engage in 'unrefined discourse' with someone you cannot actually talk to?

2 comments:

What does that mean? Why would you ask this question? I know to be true from our Jesus/God that you must be careful about what you think about or look at including bodies like the one above. What a thought you have on this page.

Thanks for your comment.

The pictures above are more meant to visualize the points I make in the actual text versus the actual pictures themselves.

Thanks again!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More