Sunday, October 4, 2009

Courtin' (an ode to R&B)

Disclaimer: This piece is prose of poetic fiction. Any resemblances to current people is entirely coincidental. *wink*


Courtin' (an ode to R&B)

We took A Long Walk and talked about past lives
Touched on Revelations 3:17 and Jay-Z all in the same breath
He had me open...palms forward, heart on sleeve, all that
And I wanted to be His Favorite Girl with no one Getting in the Way
I wanted No More Drama
And I was hoping that he was the key

See, I was already happy with me
But when he said I was So Beautiful
It brought me past my own self satisfaction
We sipped Crown Royal and ate greasy chicken bites
And all I wanted was Crown Royal on ice...right...
Fed me bits of his mind seasoned with curry and coconut milk
Had me swooning, wondering Would he Mind

Would You Mind?

Silently I wished he would open his heart to me as I had mine
Make love slowly to my body I now needed more than the air I breathed
Get me Lifted to a higher plateau so divine
And he fulfilled my needs
Yes, he fulfilled my needs
His Ego brushed my...ego and fed me strawberries dipped in wine
So divine
I...came close to him, gave his body a Slow Wine
Yeh, I know what island he's from, but dis ain't no Wukkin' Up time
Part 1 Sex(ed) Me Nice and Slow
Part 2 Trading Places...yet still we kept the flow
Had me singing Bad Habits knowing this was a Bad Habit
And the whole thing was off key
But I didn't mind...I was having fun, you see

And I still am
Even when things start to get Cold
And the conversation dies, all Symptoms Unknown
I know that the fire burns again as long as we go Slow
And as long as we avoid that Four Letter Word
We can continue to be...Halfcrazy

But only on the Down Low...shhh...

11:30 pm 10.4.09 KP

2 comments:

LOL...thanks...I appreciate the **********...lol

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More