Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Viva La Arrogant Pipe!!

One of the wonderful things about my good friends is that they are just as crazy and mad as I am. It is this quality that endears me to them, that makes me smile when I am not in the mood, that causes me to come close to spitting my gum/juice/sandwich across the room if I am reading what they are saying while imbibing any of those things. More often than not, my sides are aching from laughing so hard after dealing with them.

Yesterday, of course, was no exception.

We were talking about 'getting some', and our choice of partners. Now. In this day and age, women tend to have a much more liberal approach to these sorts of encounters. If you remember my post on the 12 noon relationship versus the 4 am relationship, you will remember that I point out that there is a difference between these two types of relationships, and that both are healthy - so long as you know what you're getting yourself into either way.

So yesterday, we joked about past and/or present 4 am relationships and how we as independent women handled ourselves and our...er...needs. My friend, fool that she is, came up with the phrase, "Viva La Arrogant Pipe!" She, of course, was teasing me about my choice of an arrogant...err...12/4 am relationship. (Yea, I don't know. Sue me.)

The moral of this, or, rather, the thing currently on my mind, is, how much do we tolerate when dealing with someone we are interested in? Does sex genuinely put 'rose colored glasses' on a person's flaws? Is it that in some cases, people on the outside looking in cannot see past that person's flaws? Moreover, does it even matter if it's just a 4 am relationship?

Thoughts and ramblings...think, discuss...

2 comments:

1. You tolerate as much as you allow.
2. YES it puts 'rose colored glasses' on a person's flaws, depending on how emotionally deep you are into the relationship.
3. nope. cant see past it because we are not involved in the madness.
4. It only matters if feelings are involved. Other than that..nope, not so much.

VIVA LA (...) PIPE!

Hmmmm, being involved with someone and having genuine feelings for them definitely makes it easier to tolerate more and see past all those flaws you would normally bypass if you were in your right mind and not "dickmatized"

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More