Saturday, August 22, 2009

Spoken Word of KP's Past

QUASI FEMINISTIC

i think its too late to be a woman ...

too late for the mystery to develop

too late…for ladies to emerge from this 21st century…thing we call women

because ladies can be women but honey…

these women are definitely. not ladies.

we've traded in the feminine mystique for the 9 to 5 deal

and we became working mothers but we

forgot that being a mother is work

and I told you before, you're gonna be pissed at me

but I think the feminist movement is all for naught

because we're getting what we want

but at the cost of ourselves

we forgot our balance

and fell into the trap of those

who want us to be what they are

10:05 am 6.25.08 KP


SECRETIVE

laying in my bed with a feeling so strong...

forgetting my heart, in my mind its wrong

but I want him

aching to touch him and I know its wrong

just wanting to feel the taste of his tongue

and the look in his eyes, so smoldering and deep

and his touches, clichƩ, I know, but they make me so weak

and I can't understand why fate is such a witch

leaving me with a scratch and forgetting the itch

and its making me sick

'cause he's got me addicted with just one kiss

and I catch myself craving the taste of his lips

its bad and I know that it can't be

and I wish that there was no her, that it was just me

even though there is no she, it just appears to be

and it seems to be

serendipity

which sucks…

for me…



3:47 am 7.2.07 KP



TO ALL MY REAL WOMEN

To all my real women..

On their grind women

All the time women

Doing their thang woman

My sexy women in sweats women

Rocking no makeup women

Beauty on their worst day women

Still keeping it classy women

Know when to pull out the M.A.C. or the Vaseline women

Keeping it smooth women

My beautiful women

Coming in all colors women

Holding it down women

Be it mother or wife

Through the pain and strife

Working day and night

Doing it and doing it right

Be they 9 to 5ers or 5 to 9ers

Making that paper or them pancakes for your brood

Or doing both…either way, you are doing you and doing it well…

We are real women

Beautiful women

Strong women

So hold it down, my women

And for all my not real women

Out there posing

Take a page

From the book

Of a

Real

Woman.

Back to your regularly scheduled program…

4:41 am 1.15.07 KP

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More