Monday, August 10, 2009

People Who Should NEVER Raise Children and the Society that Allows Them To

I know it's been a bit of a gap between my posts, it's just been a bit hectic these past few days!

But anyway. People who ain't got no blasted business with nobody's children. So I take my daughter to the park today because it seemed to be a going to the park kind of day. I sit down on the bench in between a woman and a couple, and before I could even get comfortable enough to watch my kid go down the slide, I hear: "you f&$@!? B$@?!, sit your a?! down before I kick your a&?".

Pause. Lemme breathe and ask this lady who she's talking to before I black out on her.

So I turn and I say, "excuse me?" Then I look where the woman is looking...and I see this poor kid, cowering on the adjacent park bench. I'm sorry?!?!?? Was she talking to the CHILD???!

And this is where my rant begins. We're not even going to get into how distraught the child was, or how the couple next to me giggled, or how the man playing with his kid just shrugged and shook his head. Are you KIDDING me???! Have we really sunk so low as a society that this manner of speaking to a CHILD is ACCEPTABLE??!??!?! It's a CHILD, for Christ's sake!! Is the child the Anti-Christ and I missed it? Am I being Punk'd?

Nowadays, parents befriend their children and this is ok. They tell us not to yell at our children, to do time out instead of getting the belt (debatable, but ok). I KNOW they had to tell us that this type of language was unacceptable, not to mention the level of disrespect it reflects and imposes on the child...and then we wonder why our children grow up to be disrecpectful, travesties of adults? Or the parents who are ok with their girl children wearing pum pum shorts to school (they're cute) or the 14 year old who is so used to cursing around adults that he curses at his basketball coach, a man 30 years his senior? What happened to the respect in our society?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More