Thursday, August 26, 2010

A True Sagittarius Kisses...and Tells

There's an old adage that goes, "You can catch more bees with honey than you can with vinegar". Or maybe it's flies.


(OK, look. It's about 7:30 in the morning and I haven't had my early morning nap yet. I'm not sure.)


At any rate. Often times, I will encounter a person or people who will challenge me verbally and I will ever so sweetly tell them where they can stick it. I've been told that because I say everything with a smile, especially the not so nice stuff, some people miss the "insult", and, as my best ride or die notes, "the people you talk to arent as intelligent as you so they dont even know you're being mean half the time". 


(That's a direct quote, by the way. I still insist I'm NOT mean.)


All jokes (sorta) aside, one of the traits of a Sagittarius is their omnipresent honesty. It is said that the Sagittarius woman is joyous in general, which is good "because it helps to take some of the sting off of their very honest, often blunt, reactions to the world around them". Other astrological assessments include their "refreshing honesty", as well as  "self-righteous and seriously opinionated, those weak in integrity need to slip away quietly".


Now. Whether you believe in astrology or not, the fact remains that every Sagittarius I know, without fail, including and especially myself, possess all of the above traits. There are times that I find myself cringing slightly as I speak my mind, wondering, "now why in the hell did I feel the need to say that?" This trait carries over to relationships, of course, as do most things. Even as recently as three weeks ago, I was asked why I liked someone, and I answered the question honestly. I was wondering where the hell the "Undo" button on Gmail was RIGHT after I sent it, though, because I instantly realized that I had said way too much. 


And yet, sadly, I wouldn't take back a word. 


I rarely want to. I just wish that the filter that I installed oh-so-many-moons ago would work the way that I asked it to! I decided a while back to try something new, release the safety net that I would hold on to so dearly...and yet, I have a difficult time shutting up sometimes! I was talking to another one of my ride-or-dies yesterday, and she expressed some of the same sentiments about a gentleman that she knows. I listened to her...and then I told her what to expect from this Sagittarius gentleman. And as I told her what to expect (if the trust is there, expect their whole life story, followed by weeks of silence because they realize they're revealed too much), I realized...oh sheesh, I really do the exact same thing! 


Aw...just HELL.


So I've decided to turn over a new leaf. I am going to keep my feelings about many things to myself and save the outbursts for my ride-or-dies who understand and will not look at me with the side eye. (at least, not in public). Let's see how long that lasts...


Do you believe in the zodiac? In astrology? How true do you think your astrological sign is to your personal nature? If you felt you talked or revealed too much, how would you handle it?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More