Thursday, October 22, 2009

Behind the Scenes of a Sleepy Rambler

I need sleep.

I always need sleep. If you were to ask my number one ride or die, she'd tell you that I don't sleep enough. At ALL. And I know this. It's probably part of the reason that my thoughts ramble so much...I know that my body needs at least 8 hours on a consistent basis to function at least at 80%.

And yet I don't sleep.

It's not by choice always, either. There are many nights that I am being SuperMommy, taking care of my daughter and then, after she goes to bed, cooking/cleaning/prepping for the next day, and, before you know it, it's like, 12:30 and I have to be up at 6 and out by 6:30. The other nights, I am being either O Ye Queen of the Urban Network, getting my face/name/brand out there for my business, Business Woman Executive Chef, who caters and personal chefs and looks at numbers on spreadsheets extra hard so that they will change and she can hire an assistant (lol), or Crusader Extraordinaire, banging out community service projects and making my community's voice heard in a single bound, or I'm the Perpetual Student, studying for the GMATs so I can get my MBA with a concentration in Hospitality Management.

Sigh. I got tired just writing that.

Somewhere in there is also spending time with my family, dance classes for both myself and my daughter, piano lessons and Girl Scouts for my daughter, and me time. Me time is the last thing on the list...and it shouldn't be, it should be the first, even before my daughter, because if I'm not taking care of me, how am I going to be able to take care of my daughter? This is the part that I struggle with, because I know that I don't get enough sleep on a regular basis, and I know that I have two doctor's visits coming up and I haven't quite reached my benchmarks for, and I know that my brain needs time to unwind and get right. In fact, writing this blog is probably the most me time I've had all week. (That and the 20 minutes I sneak to go on to Facebook. What can I say? I <3 FB.)

But anyway. Such is my life. I'm working on being better to me. Hell, maybe it will stop me from being such a betch to some and snapping on others. (Yeah right...but we'll see.)

Hasta, chicas and...err...chicos...(that's wrong, I'm sure.)

1 comments:

*chuckles*

Listen homie, no sleep eventually means passing out, nervous breakdown, or something of the like. *as I think back to how you would nod off in class...6 minutes in LMAO*

Hmph - you got tired just from writing that...I'm drained just from READING it. smmfh.

Fit some KIM time into your schedule. STAT.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More