Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Crush vs. Being in Like

I was thinking earlier on today about how I felt about guys that I have encountered romantically and whether it could be considered a crush or being in like. I know that even recently, mention someone's name and I might be reduced to blushing and all sorts of unlike KP stuff. In addition, some of my students of late have been coming to me, seeking out advice on their latest "crushes". So, I decided to throw out an FB (Facebook) status with my thought provoking question of the day: What's the difference between a crush and liking someone? Here are some of the responses (no names, just quotes):

"You can like someone platonically, but a crush is always about attraction. This is not to say you can't be attracted to someone you like, though. But the crush burns hot and fast and will either disappear completely or settle into genuine sentiment."

"when u like someone its a cool easy breezy feeling. it makes u smile.when u crush on somone its like a warm feeling. makes u giggle n yearn for more."

"Liking someone can mean that an interaction is possible. Crushing means that your feelings could be pure fantastic..."


So then, my question becomes: how do you know when the crush has faded and you know that you really like that person? Is it when you still want to be around that person when that ba-boom ba-boom sound that your heart makes around them stops but you still really like them? Can you still blush when you see them and no longer be crushing on them? Thoughts please...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More