Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Switch

I always marvel at how easily my emotions turn on and off...to the
point that I wonder if it's even healthy. When faced with a
potentially emotionally draining situation, I do one of two things:
turn on or shut off.

What does that mean? Well, today, my horoscope said: Sagittarius:
Something hidden will be revealed little by little today. Are you
prepared for the consequences? Start planning, so you're not blindsided.

Now as of late, my horoscope has been 98% accurate. Today was no
different. Just the other day I was actually stressing over how I felt
about this particular situation. Today, I was enlightened...and just
that quickly, I was over it.

Perhaps there is a better emotional response, one that's healthier for
the soul. But this 'switch' I have, it works for me. It's rationally
driven and proven time and time again. As I sit in the park killing
time, watching the sprinklers spray and the kids play, I wonder if I
shouldve done anything differently.

*thinks about it*

Nope, I wouldn't have. It was what I needed, sort of like a season.
The season is over...and now I move on to a new season and, perhaps,
better weather.

Now, having said that...a chick needs a Sam Adams. To the bar I go...

Sent from my iPhone

K. Parris
"I got my start by giving myself a head start".
- Madame CJ Walker

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More