Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Resolutions (<---O_o) for the New Year


New Year’s resolutions are for the birds.

I’m serious.

It is about the time of year where everyone starts to make promises to themselves to fix the things in their lives that are either lacking or in excess, and they call them ‘resolutions’.

I always wondered why we do that to ourselves.

Why is it that we wait for January 1st to decide that this time, this hour, this moment, is the best moment with which to decide to start anew? Why can’t it be December 27th? Or May 13th? Why wait till the New Year when you can start whenever you like?

I could go into depth as to why this is the case, but I made a resolution to myself on my birthday to be more conscientious with the words that I choose to use and the level of tact that I exert. I know that for me, these are my so-called “resolutions” (I already started these, hence the quotations):

1.       1. Figure out why the hell I always fall for the wrong guy. I’m sure that there are many ladies out there that are trying to figure this out for themselves, but this is an ongoing battle that I am determined to figure out, starting with the one I’ve been catching myself having feelings for now.

2.       2. Finish losing the weight that I started. I’m proud of this. At the beginning of the year, I was 295. Now I am 244. I have no shame in saying these numbers. My goal? 170. And so it goes…
2.
3.       3. Get my books published. One is done, two are almost done. I started a project to get the finished one published…so fingers crossed!

4.       4. Be less affected by tomfoolery, “shtupidness”, and flakiness. Allyuh know how ah feel bout tomfoolery and shtupidness. I’m going to develop a duck’s skin with these two. I’ve already started to. *preens feathers* As for the flakiness, nothing irks me more than indecisiveness and people who tell you one thing and then back out last minute, especially if they don’t tell you, you have to find out on your own. For my birthday, I got a lot of this. It was the first time that I was genuinely like, “if you come, you come, if you don’t, ok”. I felt the vestiges of annoyance creep up at first…but I brushed it off. Now, I’ve come to accept it. This is a work in progress…but I’m good with it right now.

That’s about it, folks! I don’t believe in resolutions. I believe in setting goals and going with them whenever you come up with them…not waiting for a New Year to make that happen. That is what I am doing. 

What do you think?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More