Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Change and Growth

“It’s been too hard living/but I’m afraid to die/’Cause I don’t know what’s up there/beyond the sky/It’s been a long, long time coming/but I know/a change’s gon come”

Sam Cooke – “A Change’s Gon Come”

I’m fine.

Trust me. I’m fine.

I chose to start this post with these words because this is one of my favorite lyrics and all time favorite songs, period. There is something about the passion and elegance with which Sam Cooke sings this song that has always touched something deep down in my spirit. I’ve always related to the lyrics.

Life is hard.

Sure, we’ve all had good moments. We’ve had bad moments. I myself, in this one year, have had so many ups and downs that it has been nearly impossible to keep up. I am a firm believer in the concept of bad coming with good. After all, if there is no bad, how do you know good? How can you actually appreciate good?

At any rate. As rough as life has been to me this year, and with 29 looming just over a week away, I wouldn’t give it up for anything. And not even just because I’m afraid to die. Death scares me, immensely, agreed…but there is so much to life right now that I just can’t wait to experience, you know?

With that said. There’s a whole lot of change coming.

A whole lot of change.

I’m always changing and evolving, right? What makes this particular change so different?
It’s simple. I’m just going to do it. If you notice, great. If you don’t, great. It’s not about anyone but me. And don’t even look for me to tell you the changes. It’s all about what you see or observe – if you care enough. And, if you don’t notice the change…then that’s pretty tell tale too, isn’t it?

Cheers…

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More