Thursday, September 2, 2010

End of Summer Ramblings

So it's September, and Labor Day is around the corner. I'm sure you all know what that means...






If you're from the Caribbean, or you simply enjoy Caribbean people, then you know that this weekend is allyuh weekend tuh get on bad. Labor Day weekend, for us, is the weekend before the Caribbean Day Parade on Eastern Parkway in Brooklyn. It's the weekend of New York's version of Panorama, of Kiddie Karnival by the Brooklyn Museum, of doubles and polourri and corn soup and fish cake and bammy and oxtail and kurma and sweet sorrel and mauby and rubber waist gyals dem and all thing decidedly Caribbean. For information on Labor Day 2010 festivities, check it out here:


Kiddie Karnival NYC


Dimanche Gras 2010 NYC


2010 Steel Band Panorama


J'Ouvert Festival 2010
J'Ouvert Do's and Don'ts


Caribbean Day Parade 2010




Moving on...


In keeping with my...err...blog title, I feel like I am overdue for some 'random rambling'...so here goes...

1. Maui Melon Mint Orbit gum is rather addictive.



2. I haven't felt like talking about me much lately. It really is a Sagittarius thing


3. I need to get back to my former highly motivated self.


4. I hate being ignored with an undying passion.


5. I'm going to create a shirt with the phrase, "The best way to deal with a Sag is to...(see back) and then the back of the shirt is going to say, "Use your WORDS". 


6. If one more mosquito bites me, I am going to cut the mosquito nest down with a cutlass lose my mind.


7. The weirdest feeling in the world is the feeling of being lonely in a crowded room. 


8. I realize that many times, when it comes to me, people hear what they want to hear. 


9. My hormones are on super duper high lately. 


10. I REALLY want a whole wheat buttermilk biscuit.


11. All I want is for someone to pamper me, the way that I tend to pamper others.


12. I really think that I might be about to go and make a whole wheat buttermilk biscuit at 4:30 in the AM. (Told you my hormones are on super duper high).


13. I never understood why we as people ask questions that we don't truly want the answers to, and then become upset when we receive the answers.


14. My knee has been bothering me lately. I refuse to believe that I am getting old at 28.


15. I feel as if my ability to censor myself has been deteriorating rapidly lately. This is definitely NOT good.


Join me, my good people...any ramblings that you'd care to share? Or thoughts about the (unofficial) end of summer?


*Note: If you haven't seen me talk about this blog yet, you will soon. Check it out. http://notableobscurity.blogspot.com 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More