Monday, December 14, 2009

The Beautiful Nightmare

You ever have a dream that was so real, so life like, that you woke up and it took you a minute to realize that you were dreaming? What if that dream scared the mess out of you? Not a nightmare...a DREAM...am I making any sense here?

My daughter was sick for the better portion of a week the week before last. I've been Airborne(ing) it, hot toddying it, and Vitamin Cing it up for weeks now, to fight off the cold that she had. It got me anyway...and the nighttime coughing, sniffling, sneezing, help you go into a drug induced mini coma medicine did NOT work. AND I was all out of Buckley's.

Grr.

So I've been fighting this cold all week. I felt physically better this weekend, but the fight wore me out, so much so that I went to sleep at about 12 pm and didn't budge until 2 pm. I had a dream during that time. It was so real that when I woke up, I found myself confused - where had everyone gone? It wasn't an unpleasant dream...in fact, I found myself happy as a clam.

And then I was scared shitless frightened beyond belief.

It was a dream, right? So what was I scared of? All of my...well, EVERYTHING, was lovely and successful, so why was I suddenly so afraid? I mean, in the dream, I was this attractive, successful, happy girl with more than most, and everyone around me was happy, so why did I wake up frightened? I'm not afraid of succeeding or reaching my goals...so what was it? It was very weird is what it was...

Do you ever find yourself awaking from a dream and wondering if you're ready for all it entails? Why do you think some people are so afraid of success and/or happiness?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More